Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pineapple Flop Cake

I tried a new recipe. My family said it was good which doesn't happen around here very often. So I had to share.

Pineapple Flop Cake

1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 No. 2 can crushed pineapple (with juice)
   Mix all ingredients together (do not use mixer), blending well. Pour into greased and floured 13x9 inch pan and bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes.  While still warm, pour icing over cake.

Icing
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 small can evaporated milk
1 cup coconut (optional)
1 stick margarine
   Mix all ingredients together and boil 10 minutes. Pour over cake.

Note: I didn't have a small can of evaporated milk. So I just guessed that it was half the size of the can I had. So I measured out 6 ounces. And it turned out really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment