Thursday, November 10, 2011

Stinker's Quilt

I made this quilt in 2007. The pinwheels are the leftover corners from flying geese. They were too big to just throw away so I sewed them together. And this is what I ended up with. It's all Thimbleberries fabrics.

I had named the quilt "mini pinwheels" but I call it Stinker's Quilt. After I had made it but before I sewed the label on. I sprained my calf(ouch). And spent 7 weeks on crutches:( I was laying on my bed watching tv sewing the label on. When I finished, I laid the quilt beside me. Before I could yell for someone to come get it and the needle and thread Stinker was laying on top of it! While I couldn't walk when I was in bed she laying right beside me on her quilt. So I changed the name so now the label is wrong.

These pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago. When we turned the furnace on it didn't work and it was chilly inside for a couple of days. Normally Stinker doesn't like to be covered up.



She finally got warm. And our furnace got fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment